The Army Aviation Heritage Foundation’s Southern California Detachment will be returning to the
Southern California area again this coming summer with a AH-1F Cobra gunship.
As we did last year, we will be basing out the Yank’s Museum for the summer months. Everyone is
cordially invited to get a closeup look at a authentic flyable AH-1F Cobra. Rides in the front seat are available for a nominal fee / donation to defer the operational costs of this historical helicopter.
Membership is also available for those who like to support our operation with hands-on support of the AH-1F Cobra “the black pearl” gunship this summer.
Our 2018 Yank’s and Air Show locations and schedule are as follows:
- Our planned arrival at Yank’s is currently scheduled for around May 11, 2018
- Redland Beerfest at Hangar 24, Redlands Airport – May 19th & 20th, 2018
- The Steve McQueen Car Show, Chino Hills – June 1st and 2nd, 2018
- Western Museum of Flight, Torrance – Jun 16th, 2018
- Camarillo Air Show, Camarillo – August 18th & 19th, 2018
- Yank’s Museum – every Wednesday (workdays – clean and prep for Air Shows) (*)
- Yank’s Museum – selective Saturday’s this summer (*)
Make it a great day – see the Cobra up close and visit Yank’s Museum the same day!
(*) When we’re not flying air shows, the Black Pearl Cobra is available for front seat rides.