This summit is sponsored by the Professional Helicopter Pilots Association and the Los Angeles Area Helicopter Operators Association.
November 17, 2015 at 6:00 pm
John Wayne Airport Administration Building
Airport Commission Meeting Room
3160 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Entrance to the Commission meeting room is situated at the back of the facility and there is plenty of parking near the entrance to the meeting room.
The meeting agenda will include:
- Update on the ongoing efforts to head-off more restrictive regulations for helicopter operations in the L.A. Basin.
- Update on the latest tactical moves by the homeowners coalition.
- Identity of noise sensitive neighborhoods in the L.A. Basin.
- Discussion of the automated helicopter noise complaint system and a breakdown of complaints received since its implementation.
- Voluntary Best Practices for quieter operation of helicopters.
- Review Helicopter Pilot’s Pledge.
- Tips on how to fly differently to reduce “blade slap.”
- Update on proposed Voluntary Off-Shore Helicopter Route.
Sandwiches, chips, bottled water, and soft drinks will be provided for free. We’ll see you there.